Sometimes there is some data you don’t want to share with anyone. You might have felt the need of hiding some folders in the window. I have several games hidden on my computer. And you know? It is too easy. You can easily hide/unhide any folder in window 7, 8, 10.
The steps for all window are nearly the same. Read the post and please Review our post at the end of the post if it helped even a bit.
You will learn:
How to hide Folders in Windows
This step is too easy.
- Select the folder you want to hide by clicking once on it.
- Now right-click on the folder.
- Go to Properties.
- There are two options under Attributes heading.
- Choose hidden and click on apply.
- New dialog box will pop-up.
- You can choose either of the options depending on you that whether you want to hide subfolders or not.
- Finally, click on OK.
You can see that your folder is magically disappeared.
But where is it now? Hey! don’t worry you can easily access it back.
Read More: How to access your PC with any other device?
How to Unhide Folders in Windows
- Open file explorer (Simply open any drive or folder).
- In window 7, on the top left side, you can see Organize option click on it.
- Now click on Folder and search options.
- Now click on the View tab in the window opened.
- Click on show hidden folders under Hidden Files and Folders option.
- Then click on Apply and then OK.
Now you can see all of the hidden files and folders in a faded color because they still have Hidden attribute in properties. You can change it anytime.
You again go to organize>folder options>view and change the settings to do not show hidden files and folders.
If you no longer want to hide the folder then uncheck the Hidden attribute under properties.
Caution: When you change settings to show hidden folder, many other Pre-hidden folders appear. Do not delete them without any proper knowledge.
How is it useful?
My friend asked me that how is it useful when anyone can click on show hidden folders and see my files?
The answer is easy:
- Firstly, Noone is going to know that you have hidden some folder until they get a dream about it.
- And secondly, it still better to hide than keeping such files visible to all.
- Finally, not all people know how to hide/unhide folders. Many of them even don’t know whether it can be done in the windows.
Read More: Best keyboard shortcut keys to be a Pro.
Give us a Moment!
It will hardly take 1 minute to complete our survey. It only consists of 6 short questions. Please complete it so that we can make some great experiences. Please click here to proceed.
Please help us to Grow. We try to provide best and reliable data for our users. We cannot do it without your help. You can help us even by telling some suggestions, correction and adding something useful to our Post.