The VLC media player is one of the most famous and used software for playing songs, videos and streaming videos. It is widely used for its features and shortcuts keys for operating. Most of its users do not know about its shortcut keys. They only know basic VLC shortcut keys like spacebar to stop and others. In this post, you are also going to learn how to change VLC media player shortcut keys.
VLC Media Player
For those who don’t know what is a VLC media player, It is a software for windows to play media like videos, audios, and streaming on your PC screen. It is one of the most trustful and featured software which you can download from Here for free.
Fun Fact – You can even download YouTube videos using VLC for free. How??
VLC shortcut Keys
Vlc media player have some default shortcut keys which can be used to operate it. You can even customize these shortcut keys according to your convenience. It will be discussed in the last of the post.
Default Shortcut Keys are :[table “1” not found /]
**In the above table, there are stars on four shortcuts. It is to tell that you can even :
- Set playlist bookmark 3, 4, 5……10 with Ctrl+”respective number of function key”.
- play playlist bookmark 3, 4, 5…….10 with “respective number of function key”.
After learning all these shortcut tricks you can operate VLC like a pro.
How to change default VLC Shortcut Keys?
If you are having any kind of problem regarding learning these shortcut keys then you can set up your own shortcut keys quite easily. Here is the procedure:
- First, search for the VLC Media Player. You can do so by searching “VLC” in the window.
- Then start the application.
- Navigate to “Tools”.
- Then click on “Preferences”. You can directly click “Ctrl+p”.
- Now you can see many icons and options. Click on Hotkeys.
- When you click on it, a list of all shortcut keys will appear on your screen. These are the default shortcut keys for VLC Media Player.
- Double click on any shortcut key to change it.
- Then, press the new shortcut keys and save the settings.
- You can always switch back to default shortcuts by clicking on “Reset Preferences”.
Yes, It is that easy.
Recommended for you: Best keyboard shortcut keys for windows.
I hope that this post helped you and If we missed any shortcut keys then you can tell us in the comment box.
You can share it with your friends to share these cool shortcut keys for VLC. We will be glad if you subscribe to our website.
Give us a Moment!
It will hardly take 1 minute to complete our survey. It only consists of 6 short questions. Please complete it so that we can make some great experiences. Please click here to proceed.
Please help us to Grow. We try to provide best and reliable data for our users. We cannot do it without your help. You can help us even by telling some suggestions, correction and adding something useful to our Post.